GEOAMERICAS 2016 ATTENDEE FAQ
Have a question about registration, obtaining a Visa Letter of Invitation, or conference activities? We can help! Below we have answered some of the most Frequently Asked Questions about attending GeoAmericas 2016.
GeoAmericas 2016 will send a letter of invitation upon request. Invitations are intended to help international delegates raise travel funds or obtain a visa. Request for letters of invitation must include: attendee name, job title, company name, mailing address (PO Boxes are not acceptable), city, state/province, country, zip/postal code, phone number, and beginning and end dates of travel.
Please send requests for letters of invitation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Registration is now closed. But we are accepting registrations on site. See you in Miami!
All attendee badges and conference-related materials will be distributed on site at the GeoAmericas 2016 registration desk located in the Rotunda on the second floor of the Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
There is one exception: Exhibitors may elect to have booth personnel badges mailed ahead of time. These will be provided by mail only within the US and only to exhibit booth personnel who are registered by March 10, 2016. All other exhibitor personnel badges will be available on site at registration, beginning April 10, 2016.
The full conference registration fee includes a copy of the proceedings, participation in all technical sessions, access to the exhibit hall, and the exhibit hall social functions, which include the Sunday evening grand-opening reception, Monday lunch, Tuesday evening social, and Wednesday breakfast.
Your registration allows you access to all technical sessions. Short courses require additional registration fees.
- April 10 from 7:00pm until 8:30pm
- April 11 & 12 from 8:00am until 6:00pm
- April 13 from 7:45am until 10:00am
Single-day passes are available only for exhibit hall access.
The Companion Social Events Ticket, which is available through the registration system, includes admittance to the opening evening keynote address (Sunday), the Exhibit Hall Cocktail Reception (Sunday), and the Havana Nights Social Event (Tuesday). All other events and sessions require registration.
All changes to an attendee record must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- Cancellation before 15 January 2016 – 100% refund
- Cancellation before 10 March 2016 – 80% refund
From Miami International Airport: The Loews Miami Beach Hotel is located approximately 20 minutes from the airport. Taxis, shuttles and buses may be accessed at the airport by following signs to ground transportation.
- Via Taxi: Taxi Fare is a flat rate $32.00
- Via Shuttle: Super Shuttle is approximately $14.00 www.supershuttle.com/en/Miami.aspx?Location=Miami
- Via Bus: Miami-Dade Transit’s new Airport Flyer (Route 150) runs every half hour from 6 AM to 11 PM daily: One way fare is $2.35.
From Fort Lauderdale Airport:
- Via Taxi: Taxi Fare is estimated at $90.00
- Via Shuttle: GO Airport Shuttle is approximately $24.00: www.floridalimo.com/
- Via Train: Tri-Rail (commuter train) offers direct service to MIA by connecting to Miami-Dade’s Metrorail Orange Line. There is no direct train service to the Port of Miami or South Beach. One would have to take a taxi from the Miami train station to the Port of Miami or South Beach. For more information, visit Tri-Rail, or call their business office at 800-874-7245.